Join LSE Professor Connson Chou Locke for a practical guide to successfully influencing the people around you, regardless of gender or background.
Much of the old advice on how to be influential now feels outdated and too one-size-fits-all. It’s time to approach the challenge of making your voice heard using modern, empirical insights and techniques. In this livestream event, Dr Connson Chou Locke will show you how.
Drawing on the latest discoveries in social psychology, her work at the LSE, and her experience as a consultant for organisations including Harvard Medical School, the Orange Group, and the UN, Dr Chou Locke will provide a guide to becoming influential that is fit for the twenty-first century.
- The art of upward influence: how to influence people with more power than you
- How to overcome unconscious bias about gender, race and class
- Body cues: what your body says about you
- How to make a strong first impression
- How to re-frame your feelings about a situation to avoid miscommunication
- Owning your space: how to communicate confidence
- How to be seen as a leader