About this course
We’re all asked to say a few words every now and again – it is hard to avoid your whole life. This course will help you to overcome your nerves, hone your speaking style, and come across positively in speeches, interviews and important presentations.
About the instructor
Edie Lush is a communication and personal development coach with Charlotte McDougall Associates, and the author of How To Speak With Confidence In Public. She works with clients to make them conscious and consistent in the way they present themselves in their professional lives. She works in presentation and personal impact, winning new business, developing leadership skills and relationship building skills. Past clients include individuals and teams from Aviva Investors, Barclays Capital, Barclays Wealth Management, Citi, Deutsche, KPMG, GAM, Slaughter and May, Brown-Forman, Deloitte.
What you will learn
The techniques you’ll learn will be useful for every speech, meeting, pitch and presentation or discussion you’ll ever have.
Edie will teach you how to speak with more confidence and come across positively and clearly, whatever the situation. Learning through enjoyable practical exercises and simple theory, you will leave with:
- A heightened awareness of what effective communication looks and sounds like.
- Practical techniques to take away and use immediately which help put you in control of your presentation and personal impact.
- An awareness of your strengths and weaknesses and what you can do differently.
- Vocal and physical techniques to ensure you across with conviction, personality and confidence.
- A practical methodology to help you prepare and structure your content and bring even the most technical material to life.
- Learning by doing. I believe that you don’t really learn until you get up and “do.”
Who is it for?
Anyone who has to speak in public or present in any situation – from business meetings to TED-style talks.