About this course
Life isn’t easy for today’s university graduates. Facing a tough job market littered with unpaid internships but few proper, paid jobs, many twentysomethings are struggling to bridge the gap between graduation and that elusive first job.
Tanya de Grunwald, author of How to Get a Graduate Job Now and founder of careers website Graduate Fog, offers one-to-one graduate careers advice that guides you to success with a tailored 10-point career action plan.
About the coach
Tanya is the founder of careers website Graduate Fog, and is an author, blogger and journalist who has written for the Guardian, Mail on Sunday, Marie Claire and Good Housekeeping.
What you will learn
Tanya uses her expert knowledge of psychology and the graduate job market to provide a tailored consultation service that will set you on a path to a personally fulfilling career.
STEP 1: Initial assessment (email Q&A)
Highly focussed questions coax crucial information from you, including what is working and what isn’t. From this, Tanya will build a profile of your current situation, analysing progress so far, identifying factors that are blocking your progress, and brainstorming new ideas for fresh approaches.
STEP 2: 45-minute recorded Skype* consultation
Structured, recorded session between you and Tanya, in which Tanya shares her expert analysis of your Q&A. Together, you will discuss sticking points and unpack any unhelpful beliefs that are holding you back. This consultation will also cover deeper discussion of the next steps available to you, depending on your confidence level, career interests and goals.
STEP 3: 10 point action plan
Following the consultation, Tanya will create a personalised, 10-point summary action plan for you to keep and use for ongoing reference. Together with the recording of their consultation, you will feel confident that you have the tools you need to take your career forward from here.
• Identify problems that are blocking you from making progress with your career
• Learn to separate emotional from practical problems
• Keep an MP3 sound file recording of your consultation to replay in future
• Receive a tailored 10-point career action plan that you feel confident is realistic and achievable
• Gain control of your life and navigating the path towards your future
* For clients based in London, the 45-minute consultation can be held in your home if you prefer (price on application). Additional consultations are also available for clients who would like ongoing coaching.