About the facilitator:
Any business change, requires staff to behave differently, and this rarely features sufficiently on the project plan. Carrie has vast experience on how to bypass change resistance to enable staff to develop new habits and behaviours. She has worked on large change projects: building employment involvement, creating a culture to support business purpose and tackling conflict.
She was previously HR Director for The Sun and so has experience of applying these skills in a business under public scrutiny. She has a unique experience (and insight) into the “internal” dimensions of responding to a crisis, when your employees loyalty is challenged. All too often the inexperienced and poor handling of a situation can be even more damaging than the initial problem itself. Carrie can help you understand how to build employee trust when you believe your organisation’s reputation is threatened.
About this development:
This development helps you understand how humans respond when asked to change or when their organisation is under threat. From this understanding you will be able to think, act and feel differently to get better results.
What will you learn?
This will be a bespoke session in which we focus on what you need for your unique situation. The following content can be included:
Harnessing employee advocates during change
• The human response to change
• The mindset for change agents
• The principles and practice of overcoming change resistance
• Change leadership – how do you need to be?
• Change leadership – what do you need to do?
• Facilitating individual and small group change conversations
Harnessing employee advocates during a crisis
• Company reputation and internal/external dimensions of your crisis response
• The human response to organisational threats
• Preparing yourself for an incident
• Choreographing & hosting internal conversations
• Creating employee advocates
• Recovering from an event that has damaged employee advocacy
Who is it for?
For anyone who wants to make change happen in their organisation. This course will help you understand why employees resist change and what that means you should do. This course can also be focused for those wanting to understand how to build trust when their organisation is under threat.